To sign up for Scouting Events please SCROLL DOWN. The Great American Trucking Show Merit Badge Classes are Full. Registration is closed. Registrations after July 19th will not be accepted.
- Mid America Trucking Show Saturday March 25, 2017 - Louisville, KY (limited to first 100 Scouts)
Walcott Trucker's Jamboree Saturday July 15, 2017 - Walcott, IA (limited to first 50 Scouts)
Great American Truck Show Saturday August 26, 2017 - Dallas, TX (limited to first 100 Scouts)
- Click on this link for pictures from MATS 2015
- Click on this link for pictures from Walcott 2015
- Click on this link for pictures from GATS 2015
- Click on this link for pictures from CTX 2015
Click on this link for pictures from MATS 2016
Click on this link for pictures from GATS 2016
1. Which merit badges will be taught?
Traffic Safety & Truck Transportation badges will be completed at the event based on the direction of your troop leader. The instructor will have materials to hand out and present.
2. What are the proceedures to register for the event?
You will have to register for the badge lesson with us and we will submit your name to the the Trucking Shows for the show registration. Each Scout will have to have a show badge to enter the show which we will order for you to be picked up at the lecture. There is not cost to register for the event or the show. To register Click Here.
3. Can the entire Troop register and attend?
Yes, but each Scout must sign up individually so we can issue you an unique badge to enter the show floor. Scout masters and parents are encouraged to attend.
4. What do I need to bring and what is dress code?
You will need to bring Blue Cards, 1 blue card per merit badge. You should wear your uniform to the event but it's not required to attend.
5. What will I learn?
First you will earn your traffic safety and truck transportation merit badges while learning about trucking related safety items such as blind spots, stopping distances, turning radiuses, seat belts, and distractive driving concerns. You will also have a unique opportunity to visit with industry representtives to learn about trucking's new technologies and products while gaining an understanding of the importance of the trucking industry to our nation.
6. When do the classes start and when do they end? Will lunch be provided and what is cost?
Classes start at 9 am and end at 1 pm including a 30 min lunch period. Lunch will be provided to Scouts only. Extra lunches may be available. Adult food can be purchased at the show. Their is no fees or costs for Scouts to attend the classes or lunch.
REGISTRATION FORM (You may also send us an excel spreadsheet with multiple Scouts to save time. We will enter it for you.)
Download Excel Spread Sheet for group registrations. Click Here
The * denotes a required field.