TMI's rules help the driver and the school to make sure that all parties are protected. They also help create an atmosphere which leads to educating the teen drivers and building an understanding of the trucking industry within the community.
Questions or comments? Call 1-800-692-8339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Driver - Trucking Mentor
The Offical - Teacher or Administrator designated by the High School work with the driver on the Trucking Mentors program
The Program - Trucking Mentors
1. All participants in the Trucking Mentors program are volunteers. Drivers must hold a valid commercial driver's license (CDL).
2. Safety is always first and each Mentor should read the program guidelines for the proper way to help students in and out of the cab. There should be no sitting or standing on the fifth wheel or tires of the truck or trailer.
3. The desingated school offical is responsible for managing all aspects of the students' involvement in the Trucking Mentors program. All activities are done strictly with the permission and supervision of the assigned offical. One on one contact betweent an individual student and the driver outside the program is prohibited. Contact between students and the driver must be in the presence of the designated offical.
4. Any face-to-face meetings between the school students, driver, and official are the sole responsibility of the school and/or district, and the driver. Trucking Mentors does not take responsibility for, and shall be held harmless from, the consequences of any unauthorized meetings or activities. Please read the Guidelines for a school visit.
5. Drivers and officals will keep their school/driver assignment as long as they remain in the program and do not request a change. Officals and drivers must, however, file a renewal form every year to remain in the program.
6. Drivers or teachers who experience a lapse in correspondence should contact our office. Officals should remember that drivers are on the road for many days each month, and their driving schedules may change.
7. Participants should immediately notify the Trucking Mentors office and their respective
school/driver if their mailing/contact address changes.
8. Drivers and officals in the program will receive newsletters during each school year.
9. School assignments are not transferable. All drivers and officals must apply through the Trucking Mentor office.
10. Abusive and offensive language is not permitted, and any violation will result in immediate removal from the program.
11. Final selection of class location is the sole responsibility of Trucking Mentors and selection is based on the availability of school assignments in the desired area.
12. Trucker Buddy cannot guarantee the success of any school match. Contact with the high schools must be through the designated offical of the school.
13. There must be no contact between the students and the driver which was created by TMI outside the class setting and without a teacher or administrator present. Violation of this rule is immediate removal from the program.