How Set Up Your Truck and Trail at a School Visit
Before You Arrive
1. Get your hand out materials ready. Hand Out Materials
2. Clean and wash your truck, inside and out.
3. Reveiw the material you want to share with the students.
4. One of our goals to present the students with a positive images so
make sure you are clean shaven, wearing either your uniform or
5. Call the school and confirm the visit and have them determine
where you park.
When You Arrive
1. Find the designated place to park making sure there is room on all
sides to place automobiles or cones in the no-zone areas.
2. Check in with the school.
3. Place cones and or automobiles in the no-zone areas.
4. Introduce yourself to the students by giving your name, company, years you have driven. Give them some family details like children, grand children, spouse, etc...
5. Make sure the students are properly sitting in the truck so then can accurately understand the the lessons such as blind spots and stopping distances.
As The Students Exit The Truck
1. Make sure each students gets a turn as time allows.
2. Make sure the exit the truck safely with spotters protecting against a fall.
3. Give students any handout materials and of course answer questions.
After The Students Leave
Police the area and leave it cleaner than when you arrived.